Select Page


Answers to everyday questions



Who do I contact if I have a public area maintenance concern?

The exterior landscapes along Da Vall and Gerald Ford, the entry gates and the Da Vinci detention basin are maintained by the Association’s landscape maintenance contractor who works under the direction of the property management company. If you have a concern about the public area maintenance please contact the property management company by phone at (760) 325-9500 or online through the Contact Us page on this website.

I want to renovate the interior of my home, do I need Association approval?
No. As long as your alteration does not affect the exterior you should proceed remembering that your alteration must be in compliance with local building and fire codes. If in doubt, contact the Cathedral City Building Department before embarking on any expensive project. Your contractor may tell you “no problem”, but checking beforehand can save you money and avoid disappointment.

We also suggest you consider you check you check the California State Contractor Licensing Board website to verify that your prospective contractor has the appropriate licensing and insurance for your work.  Click here to be directed to the site.

I want to make some alternations to the exterior of my home and landscape, do I need Association approval?

Yes. Any alteration or improvement to a residential lot or structure, without limitation,  which affects the appearance of the residence or landscape requires the review and written approval of the Architectural Review Committee.  

The Committee has broad powers and authority to enforce the CC&Rs to preserve the harmony and overall appearance and aesthetic beauty of Montage at Mission Hills.  A full list of the improvements requiring submittal of an AIR and review by the Architectural Review Committee is contained in Article 5.1(a) and Article 1.13 of the CC&R’s.  This includes, but is not limited to,  the construction, installation, alternation, painting, remodeling, of any buildings, structures, skylights, solar electric, solar heating, spas, antennas (any kind), poles, utility lines, parking areas, street lights, pavement, sidewalks, driveways, decorative or informative signs, retaining walls, screens, irrigation systems, awnings, shades, screen doors, exterior doors, exterior air conditioning or water softening fixtures or systems, hedges, windbreaks, or any structures or appurtenances thereto.

The Architectural Review Committee reviews all plans for the alteration or improvement of landscape and architecture. This does not include the restoration of landscape or architecture to a like condition such as replacing dead or seasonal plants.

Homeowners are required to submit an Architectural Improvement Request Form (AIR) to the property management company along with plans, sketches, drawings, design details and written narrative to describe the proposal to build, construct, alter, change or design an existing or new structure or landscape. This includes any proposal to paint or change a homes color scheme.  An AIR is required even if you are painting your home the same color. An Architectural Improvement Request Form can be found on the Forms page of the website or by Clicking Here.



Board of Directors

Check HOA Bulletin Board for Most Recent Agenda

Architecture Review Committee

Check HOA Bulletin Board for Most Recent Agenda


Find Agenda In Posts Below